Your resource for quality and affordable music lessons in the Olympia, Lacey, and DuPont area and online via Skype or Facetime. Private music lessons. Group music classes.
We are a local music academy that exists to provide conservatory quality music education in ensemble (group) and private music lesson environments, at an affordable price.
With three trained, seasoned, and professional musician-educators on faculty, our focus is on quality, relational, and thorough education to real people, not numbers. We offer music instruction in band instruments (trumpet, trombone, saxophone, flute, clarinet, and French horn), percussion (beginning drum class), piano, voice, and guitar. 2 of our 3 faculty are graduates from the number one music school in the world.
The public and private schools often offer music programs such as band, choir, and orchestra. These can be wonderful programs but even then, some public and private school students are unable to partake for whatever reason.
The Tuned In Academy exists for everyone in the Olympia, Lacey, and DuPont area, or within the commuting distance if you’ll drive to one of our three locations. Any student, adult or child, from public, private, or home-school can be a part. This is conservatory quality instruction, at an affordable price.
- Conservatory quality means that at Tuned In students don’t just learn how to play music, although they will. At Tuned In those that choose to will have the opportunity to learn music at a much deeper level, to understand it, what it means, and how it impacts people. For those with the desire, the academy will provide them with all the tools necessary to be prepared for wherever they choose to go with their music, whether that be for personal enjoyment, conservatory study and graduate school, military music, music as a ministry, teaching music, or even full-time vocational music as a career.
- Teacher to Student ratio: with the exception of our big bands (which may have up to twenty students); we will never enroll more than fifteen students in a class. That’s a 15:1 ratio. You won’t find that in most public schools.
- Affordability means making music education available to all who desire it. All of our group classes are $20 per week and each group meets twice a week for one hour. With most semesters lasting 16 weeks, that is 32 hours of quality music instruction at $10 an hour! That’s affordable quality music education, and that’s what we are all about. We are also always seeking partners in the community who seek to sponsor students with the gift of music education.
- Service to the Community: At Tuned In it is our desire to serve the community. We back that up with 10% of our proceeds. 10% of all non-scholarship tuition received goes right back in to the scholarship fund to provide scholarships to students that could not otherwise afford classes at the academy.
- Additionally, we realize that adult learners may wish to learn as well, and we welcome them here. Our music classes and private music lessons are open from the minimum age up, with no age limit. We want adult learners as well children. All who will respect our values are welcome.
- At Tuned In our primary focus is on group instruction or classes. This is because we believe that music is best learned, created, and enjoyed in community, as we are immersed in it and sharing it with others. We offer group classes in Olympia and DuPont.
- We also realize that many musicians want private music lessons. Some may want them as a supplement to group instruction, and some may just want a more customized format between them and the musician-educator. We offer private music lessons as well, from our Lacey and DuPont studios, and online via Skype or Facetime.